One Small Step for Richard, One Large Step For Pudding kind – A Gluten Free Adventure – Part 2
Following his success with the Chocolate Strawberry Semifreddo Richard continues on his mission to show that even the most laziest of kitchen explorers can make pudding with all the Gluten & Dairy Free treats and ingredients so readily available to experiment with.
This week he has chosen to combine our Natural Coconut Yoghurt with the Deeply Decadent Chocolate Pud to create a tasty pie with a biscuit crumb base.
Does Chocolate, Coconut & Lime work?
After looking at the flavours proving popular with our more demanding consumer, it became a bit of a no brainer. Coconut infused with lime complimenting the Pudology Belgian Chocolate and a sweet crunch of biscuit covers the classic Key Lime Pie with a modern twist using the coconut and Chocolate. Plus it’s Gluten Free & Dairy Free so why wouldn’t you want to try it..!
Gluten Free Chocolate Lime Coconut Pie
vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, dairy free
Yield: 4 desserts
Prep time: 60 minutes (Split)
Cook time: Freeze for 1 hour
150g Pudology Deeply Decadent Chocolate Pudding
100g Pudology Natural Coconut Yoghurt
1 Fresh Lime
120g Vegan Margarine (Crown)
205g Gluten Free Flour
70g Caster Sugar
Directions – Biscuit Base
- Mix Vegan Margarine, Gluten Free Flourand Sugar in mixing bowl until fully combined in a cream like texture.
- Place in flat baking tray and flatten dough.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 240 degrees.
- Turn out onto baking rack until completely cooled.
- break up and place into mixer on full speed until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Split into 4 and place into each ramekin, flattening into base.
- Set aside ready for topping.
Directions – Topping:
- Take 150g of Pudology Chocolate Pud and melt on low heat until a glossy consistency.
- Pour evenly into ramekins on top of biscuit base and place in freezer to set for 30 minutes
- Mix 100g of Pudology Natural Coconut Yoghurt with 2 teaspoons (measure to suit individuals pallet) of lime in a bowl
- Put mix into fridge until the chocolate topped base has set.
- Remove Ramekins from freezer and top with the Coconut & Lime mix
- Place back into freezer for a further 25 minutes.
- Once full mix is set (ensuring yoghurt top doesn’t split) place in fridge for 20 minutes to rest before serving.
This Modern take on the Key Lime Pie is a zesty little number. The hints of coconut and lime compliment the indulgent chocolate nicely and the crumbly buttery-like biscuit base adds texture and some welcome depth.
As with Richard’s previous dessert, this Gluten & Dairy Free pie has the maturity needed for a dinner party but a younger pallet would be more than happy with this sweet treat on their plate!