One Small Step for Richard, One Large Step For Pudding kind – A Gluten Free Adventure
Since joining the Pudology Team, Richard has shown a real eye for foodie detail and his love of all things wholesome and pudding like making it even harder to understand why he never steps foot in to the kitchen.. Especially with all the Gluten Free treats & ingredients so readily available to experiment with.
Then, the unthinkable… Richard asks for some pots of our Gluten Free Decadent Chocolate Pud to go away and create a simple grown up dessert!
But why a semifreddo dessert..?
Quite simply, this is a recipe that any man woman or child can competently do without too many ingredients but great results! A Semifreddo is a class of semi-frozen dessert. The principal ingredients usually include sugar, cream and eggs and has the texture of a frozen mousse. But we have substituted those for our Gluten Free & Dairy Free puds to allow it to be enjoyed by almost anyone!
Gluten Free Chocolate Strawberry Semifreddo
vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, dairy free
Yield: 4 desserts
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: freeze for 3 hours
250g Pudology Deeply Decadent Chocolate Pudding
70g Fresh Strawberries
20g Plamil Organic Ginger Chocolate Flakes (Gluten & Dairy Free)
- Place a saucepan on the hob at low heat.
- Add the Pudology Chocolate Pud to the saucepan and stir continuously until a rich glossy consistency. Do not allow the chocolate to burn or stick to the pan.
- Slice the strawberries end up and then quarter the slices again. (Hold back 12 slices for the base and top of the dessert.)
- Add the chopped strawberries to the chocolate sauce and stir in.
- Place two slices of strawberry on the base and pour in the chocolate mixture evenly between the 4 ramekins.
- Place a slice of the Strawberry onto the top of each dessert and pop in the freezer for 3 hours to set.
- To serve, take the desserts out of the freezer and generously sprinkle the Organic Ginger Chocolate Flakes over the top. Enjoy immediately.
This semifreddo is an elegant and sophisticated dessert which although simple to construct, is perfect for a date or dinner party.
The richness of the Belgian chocolate is complimented by the spicy ginger in the chocolate flakes and paired with that chilled crunch of the strawberry almost like an ice lolly inside, provides a refreshing note to the pallet.
The fact it is Gluten Free & Dairy Free simply means it can be enjoyed by almost everyone.
Richard has proved that intelligence or confidence in the kitchen is not always needed to make the tastiest Gluten Free Chocolate Strawberry Semifreddo…. He is already working on his next creation and we can’t wait to see what he produces..!