We’ve recently fallen in love with Nadia’s healthykitchen blog! You can find a plethora of fabulously delicious recipes, and the beautiful recipe shots make you want to get your mixing bowl out right there and then.
As my baby is due in two weeks I’m trying to take things a little easier, so I decided to give myself a break from the laptop and have a go at Nadia’s Healthy Vegan Brownies. I’m an absolute sucker for brownies – the gooier the better, so it really was a simple way to make my day!
Nadia’s recipe uses Spelt flour, which I substituted for half coconut flour and half a gluten-free flour blend. I also included more soya milk as coconut flour is a thirsty (but tasty) ingredient and I always find I need more liquid.
The brownies turned out perfectly – gooey and delicious! The photo I took (which isn’t a patch on Nadia’s) shows a big dollop of Pudology Chocolate Pud on the top for a bit of extra decadence!
Here’s my adaptation of Nadia’s recipe; find her original one here: http://nadiashealthykitchen.com/healthy-vegan-brownies/
85g Gluten Free Flour (I used Doves Plain Flour)
85g Coconut Flour
1 tsp baking powder
70g Coconut Palm Sugar
½ tsp instant coffee
55g vegan chocolate chips
120ml Coconut Oil
160ml Soya Milk
2 chia eggs (2 tbsp chia seeds mixed with 6 tbsp water)
½ tsp vanilla bean paste
1. Preheat your oven to 180*C (160*C fan assisted)/ 350*F
2. In a small bowl, mix the chia seeds with 6 tbsp of water. Set to one side while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
3. Place all the dry ingredients (apart from the chocolate chips) in a large bowl and mix well.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the milk, oil, vanilla and the chia eggs. If you’re using coconut oil, make sure you melt it before adding to the mixture.
5. Pour the mixture of wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix well.
6. Fold in the chocolate chips
7. Bake for 20 minutes.
8. Leave to cool completely before slicing.