This Easter cake provides a slice of delicious dairy, gluten and egg free chocolate orange heaven! Finished with Pudology Natural Coconut Yoghurt for the filling and a dollop on the side for good measure..
200g Organic Cane Sugar
200g (Light + Mild) Olive oil
300ml rice milk
300g Self Raising flour – Gluten Free blend
2 tbsp baking powder (gluten-free)
6 tbsp ground flaxseed
The zest of 2 oranges
The juice of 1 orange
1 vanilla pod
Half a tub of coconut yoghurt pudology
1 tub of chocolate orange pudology
Garnish – Dried orange slices and foliage.
– Pre heat the oven to 190 degrees.
– Add the cane sugar and the olive oil to a food processor and blitz for one minute. Then add the rice milk and blitz again for 10 seconds.
– Separately mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl, stirring well to ensure the mixture is evenly distributed.
– Then add the wet mix to the dry, using a wooden spoon to gently fold the mixture.
– Zest and juice the oranges and fold this into the mixture last, along with the vanilla pod.
– Place the mixture in two small round cake tins and place in the oven for 45 mins – 1 hour. (to test the cake is cooked, insert a cocktail stick into the centre and look for a clean, dry removal)
– Allow the cakes to cool on a wire rack before removing from the cake tins and icing.
– Use 1/2 tub of chilled Pudology coconut yoghurt for the centre of the cakes, smooth it evenly across one of the cake tops and place the other on top to form the second layer.
– Then use a tub of Pudology chocolate orange pudding as cake ‘icing’ – smothering the whole of the cake evenly.
– Garnish with dried orange slices and foliage