Pudology Vegan Christmas ShortbreadThose of you who follow a dairy-free lifestyle will know just how difficult it is to come across a delicious vegan dairy-free shortbread. Well look no further!
As Christmas draws closer, shortbread is one of those amazing things that tastes delicious and makes your house smell wonderful. It’s also great at keeping kids occupied during the Christmas holidays!
Our recipe is totally vegan and can easily be adapted for gluten-free diets.
Lots!! Depends on the size of each biscuit but around 20 biscuits.
Prep – 15 minutes; chill – 45 minutes; cook – 10/15 minutes.
200g dairy-free margarine
200g caster sugar
2tsp vanilla extract
300g plain flour (or a gluten free blend)
Your choice of topping – we went for dark chocolate orange and icing sugar!
1) Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
2) Line a baking tray with baking parchment and sprinkle with flour
3) Beat the sugar and butter in a bowl until light and fluffy
4) Add the vanilla and beat until mixed
5) Add the flour and mix – you may need to use your hands to help you really combine the flour
6) Cover the mixture in cling film and refrigerate for at least 45 minutes
7) Dust a clean surface with flour. Roll the chilled mixture until its 1/2 cm thick
8) Cut out the shortbread shapes – keep going until you’ve used all of your mix
9) Place onto the baking tray and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until they begin to brown
10) Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack
11) Once cooled, decorate! We drizzled ours with melted Pudology dairy-free chocolate orange Ganache and dusted with icing sugar for a snowy touch
These delicious shortbread biscuits have a lovely crumbly texture to them without being dry making it very easy to eat several in one sitting..!